Fantasy Sports: Statistics, Emerging Trends and Investment Opportunities
Fantasy sport is an increasingly significant social phenomenon whose penchant has risen to elite ranks- ample enough to attract big investors, fantasy players, and fans. From draft party to brand marketing and sponsorships to playoffs fantasy sports get fans engaged with the competition. And in that flux, fantasy sports app participation inflates to follow weekly matchups, make trades, check updated score etc.
The meteoric rise of fantasy sports players had remarkably impacted the financial bottom line of the business which aggregates league fees, transaction fees, web hosting fees, challenge games, informational materials and so on.
Here we conduct systematic research that employs data from famous and most trusted research institutes and agencies. Have a look.
//Of the 56.8 million players, more than 40 million play fantasy football.
Average Fantasy Sports Player in India
- India is fast becoming the battlefield of fantasy sports operators with a whopping number of 60 operators and growing.
- Rapid growth in India in the last 2 years- from 2 million users in 2016 to 20 million in 2018.
- Out of the users who have ever played fantasy sports- 96% of them have played it at least once in the past 1 year.
- With 20 million fantasy sports users, India rapidly catching up with western countries.
- Fantasy Sports is highly sticky- 89% of the users play it at least once a month.
- Engagement wise, users spend 42 minutes a day on a fantasy sports app.
- 2 out of 3 or 67% of online sports fans in India are aware of fantasy sports.
- Projected Fantasy sports users by 2020- 100 million, 30% of online sports fans in India.
Investors Are Spending Millions into Fantasy Sports
Reports say fantasy sports are paralleling online stock trading. People who engage in online stock trading (over 44 million in the U.S. alone) are three times more likely than the general population to play fantasy sports online, according to Nielsen data.
Draft Kings and FanDuel – daily fantasy football apps – have witnessed successful venture capital raises and market shares with driving consumer demands.
The Growth Opportunities in Figures
America is the largest production of Fantasy Sports, the revenue market share over 58% in 2017, the second-largest area in the world is Europe, and revenue market is about 14% in 2017.
According to a study, over the next five years, the Fantasy Sports market will register a 13.24% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach US$ 33199.64 million by 2025, from US$ 13906.77 million in 2018.
Related: How to Develop a Fantasy Sports Mobile App like Dream11?
How Codiant Can Help You?
Codiant proffers all types of fantasy solutions to the clients globally. We have delivered an array of fantasy sports app and web development solutions including daily and season-long fantasy sports with fully customized and integrated features.
Want to Create Inviting and Engaging Fantasy Sports Digital Experiences?