The development of online medicine delivery app is defying gravity. The ease, convenience, and increased access to healthcare facilities—with full instructions — are all coming from a swipe.
Even local pharmacies, diagnosis centers, emerging medicine brands, which have a questionable future are performing decently.
Research Nester has released a report titled “e-Pharmacy Market – Global Demand Analysis & Opportunity Outlook 2028”, in which they anticipated global online pharmacy app market to record a CAGR of 14.22% during the forecast period i.e. 2020-2028.
Apparently, this implies the majority of medicine delivery growth lies online. And it goes without saying, there are some greater expectations from this industry, which comes after the wake of the turmoil and disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Coming at this critical time, developments made in online medicine delivery apps presents an excellent opportunity for pharmacists to release updates in the apps with features that are likely to make a statement in the coming time.
Here are the Five unique challenges which could be opportunities for the pharma industry and when integrated into apps can improve medical service efficiency and quality
- Consumers, mostly patients with chronic disease, are getting obsessed and opportunely dependent on online pharmacy apps. They like how easily they can find and consult doctors for any concern, book appointments, make a diagnosis, and buy medicines.
Implication : Develop an online pharmacy app solution embedded with features like:
- Searching doctors online by filters like specialty, ratings, location, availability, qualification, etc.
- Online appointment booking and scheduling feature to choose the time slot and book consultation.
- Telemedicine or teleconsultation feature where patients can book a video, voice, or chat consultation.
- Internet pre-diagnosis services are helping patients identify and understand their condition before it is clinically apparent and becoming more knowledgeable about which hospitals or doctors might hold the best facilities and specialty.
Implication : If your on-demand medicine delivery solution allows users to search doctors in the app, it should have an online doctor or clinic rating system that can help patients find the right care provider.
- Communicable diseases or highly contagious viral diseases are a threat to global health. Raising concern and being a part to mitigate the disease impact on human health comes as a responsibility to anyone falling in the healthcare industry.
The companies drafting and monitoring measures that ensure national preparedness and strengthen the core capacities of people and government will be a frontrunner.
Implication : Taking health surveillance, giving disease warning and health advices can lead to better care for users and increase the app’s mass reach.
- Telemedicine integrated into an online medicine delivery app can help people living in remote and rural areas, particularly the vulnerable and disadvantaged populations to get urgent care facilities along with the provision to order medicines through the prescription shared by Doctor then and there.
Implication : Telemedicine is paramount and its significance has soared even more after the COVID outbreak. Integrating telemedicine app solutions can provide patients with more comprehensive services.
- Security is a major concern in the healthcare industry. Biopharma and Medtech companies will focus more on regulating digital health and apps to address privacy, security, and regulatory concerns.
Implication : Developing a compliant app with robust infrastructure in place would be the key. The app should be regularly maintained and be ensured it is scalable and can meet time-sensitive features on a fast timeline.
Some Valuable ePharmacy Market Statistics (2021-2026)
Source: Mordor Intelligence
- The e-pharmacy market was valued at approximately USD 60,430.14 million in 2020, and it is expected to witness a revenue of USD 136,160.27 million in 2026, with a CAGR of 13.84% over the forecast period.
- The in-clinic doctor visits are replaced by virtual-based teleconsultations which directly results in e-prescription generation resulting in an upsurge of online medicine orders.
- North America holds the largest market share of the e-pharmacy market and is expected to witness the same trend over the forecast period.
The key market players of the studied market comprise CVS Health Corporation, Albertsons Companies Inc., ALTO, and Axelia Solutions (Pharmeasy), among others.
Finding the Best Online Medicine Delivery App Development Company
Codiant is the top reviewed Online Medicine Delivery App Development Company having an expansive portfolio in the healthcare industry. The company’s mastery of patient-centered solutions has proven quite useful during COVID-19.
With a complete healthcare suite ranging from telemedicine app development, remote patient monitoring to online pharmacy apps, Codiant has outpaced the competition in healthcare sector by serving more than 100 clients globally.