Know the Cost and Key features to develop an Event and Ticketing Platform
Movies, music concerts, sports events, and stand-up comedy are no doubt the backbone of the entertainment industry. Despite the swelling online social activity, people still flock to offline events like concerts held at various venues and arenas.
In this growing obsession, often fans are being gouged when they buy ticked offline, moreover, the exertion of standing in the long queues makes them even more frustrated.
To combat this dismay and sheer inconvenience, people today are turning over the increased proliferation of the Internet and the growing trend of using mobile applications for booking movie, sports, and live event tickets online.
The online event ticketing market size which was valued at USD 46.59 billion in 2017, now is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period.
Customers today, particularly in the Asia Pacific, exhibit their willingness to pay marginal Internet handling charges in order to avoid standing in long queues, which positively shapes the market.
Factors that drive the growth of Online Event Ticketing
- Rigorous promotion and advertising activities undertaken by online ticketing services play a significant role in increasing the sale of tickets through their channels.
- The extended ease associated with purchasing tickets through smartphones & tablets has completely changed the dynamics of ticketing services.
- User-friendly event management and ticketing apps for Android and iOS facilitates hassle-free ticket purchases.
- Rising consumer disposable income, especially in emerging countries, is expected to considerably contribute to market growth.
- Service providers offer various deals and discounts along with special incentives such as pre-sales and additional discounts.
Top Features of Event Management and Ticketing App Platform
- Easy Registration: Easy authentication process.
- Sign Up/Login: Easy sign-up and login option from social media channels, email id or phone no.
- Search events: Search events based on location and category.
- Event details: Customers can view event info like name, organizer, venue, date, and price.
- Event list: Customers can view and choose from the list of events, movies, festivals etc.
- Search Venues: View a list of venues available and check the details such as distance from your current location, address.
- Filters and Categories: View sports such as basketball and baseball, music concerts, shows and more by category.
- Maps: Track the live location of events venues on in-built maps.
- Book tickets: Add and buy tickets of your favorite events from book now button. View your orders and bookings.
- Reserve Seats: Interactive seating maps so that users can buy the best seats.
- Make payments: Customers can check out quickly and easily by making safe and secure payments.
- Discount and deals: Customers can apply coupons, referrals, and promo codes to grab the deals.
- Follow Favorite Artists: Customers can follow their favorite artists, add their favorite team, events so that they can be informed with their next event updates.
- Create Fan Club: Customers can create fan clubs so that they can together watch with the fans of the same team and cheer up together.
- Push Notifications: Update users about the upcoming events, offers, deals through push notifications.
- Sign up/Login: Easy sign-up or login option available for organizers.
- Dashboard: Organizers can create, manage, update and delete the events, coupons, deals, promo codes etc.
- Create event: Organizers can create an event, add event details and delete it.
- Event Gallery: Organizers can create event gallery by uploading high-quality images and videos.
- Sell tickets: Organizers can check the tickets sold, check and manage payments.
- Add Recommendations: Organizers can add recommendations, highlights of the events based on the user’s choice, most visited events and favorite artists.
- Secure Login: Admin can log in into the account through the email id and password and maintain overall system security and integrity.
- Manage events: Admin can manage ongoing and upcoming events. Add, update, delete them.
- Add organizers: Admin can add, update and manage organizers and their details.
- Manage customers: Admin can manage the customer details. Message them for promotional offers etc.
- Reporting and Analytics: It helps you identify all event-specific/ business-related activities. Admin gets real-time reports that capture no. of tickets booked, no. of customers, the region where the maximum customers come from, no. of organizers and venues added. This helps admin to catalyze actions and precisely meet the customer’s requirements.
- Ticket Management: Admin can track ticket details like no. of tickets booked, tickets remaining to get sold, add/remove total tickets, inflate or decrease price of tickets.
- Total Earnings: Admin can check total earnings came through ticket sold.
- Add discounts/deals: Admin can add discounts/deals, promo codes, offers.
The True Cost to Develop An Event and Ticketing Platform
The total cost of developing an event and ticketing management platform depends upon the functionality and features you incorporate and the number of complexities involved in the development. Furthermore, the cost also depends on the following factors:
- Hourly software development cost a mobile app development company charges.
- Ongoing support and maintenance.
- UI/UX Design
- iOS and Android native app development
- Backend development
- Web development
- MVP testing
- Quality assurance (Polishing and bug fixing)
Summing up all the components above, an average Event and Ticketing Solution costs around 20k-30k USD for iOS and Android platform.