posted on: 10 Oct 2017
The business of delivering restaurant meals to the home is undergoing a rapid change as new online platforms race to capture markets and customers across the America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
The ever-increasing population, crowded metro cities and longer travel times have become the drivers for the convenient, ready-to eat and cheaper options of having food and groceries delivered at the doorstep.
The dramatic growth in the online food delivery is a direct outcome of two sources of consumer demand. This first is counted as a substitution for dining in a restaurant. The same delectable food the consumers were enjoying in a laidback restro can now be served at comfy home with these new delivery options. The second source of demand is as a substitution for special meals prepared with extra ingredients to bring the same taste a food fanatic person always craves for when in a fine-dine restaurant.
Now the customer does not have to drive to nearby restaurants or call a customer service executive to place an order. Just a few taps in the app and the food delivers on the doorstep.
COMPELLING REASONS TO CONSIDER ONLINE FOOD ORDERING APP FOR YOUR RESTAURANT
1. EASE AND CONVENIENCE
Suddenly the life has become easier with the smartphones. The best part is the apps that come as a solution for every problem that we face in day to day life. When people get stuck in traffic, come late from office, faces the absence of maid or plans to throw an unplanned party – online food ordering apps comes as their rescue. With a few taps, they can search the nearby restaurants, select the menu, order the food and pay online. And the food will be delivered to their doorsteps.
2. ZERO HASSLES AND NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS
Ordering using the conventional ways like phone can often result in misunderstandings may be due to external disturbances (noise, accent, chaos etc.) at either end. A single mistake while taking the order can create a whole mess in delivering the right order, billing etc. With Online food ordering all these chaos can be resolved since all preferences are specified directly by the customer, which leads to a hassle-free delivery leaving no room for confusions and misunderstandings.
3. ONLINE FOOD ORDERING IS OPENED 24/7
A restaurant might not be opened 24/7 but online there is no reason why you shouldn’t be available for every customer, thus make and stack money even while you sleep. Give your clients a cushioned flexibility to place the orders whenever convenient for them, even outside your business hours. Simply, they will schedule a preferred pickup or delivery time within your working time. When you open, you already have a to-do list to review and put action ON.
4. AN ONLINE MENU IS SIMPLER TO MANAGE
The real tussle starts when you’ve already got a heap of printed menu and over a course of time, you need to trim down the dishes you no more provide or even when you have to surge the pricing in case of FMCG price soars, strikes or any other unprecedented reasons.
The Online Menu brings a long sigh of relief as it is very much cheaper, easier, good looking and flexible enough for any changes as often you need hence leaving no room for printed dependencies. It allows you to easily test different placements of your dishes in the menu, setup daily offerings or handle items with limited availability.
5. REAL TIME LOCATION TRACKING
This feature allows users to track the order delivery process right from placing an order to finding status of order. So, it is an imperative feature that needs to be ensured if your app provides the option to track the whole status such as when the order is placed, went to kitchen, got prepared, dispatched, and the estimated delivery time left. These keeps the users engaged and gain the trust and credibility.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA FRIENDLY
Restaurants can open new avenues for revenue generation by adding the functionality of social media sharing. Social media provides the opportunity to interact easily and makes sharing effortless. This way the food delivery startups can increase the popularity and online recognition.
FEATURES OF ONLINE FOOD DELIVERY APP
1. CUSTOMER SIDE:
- Easy Registration: A customer can quickly get started with email and social login options.
- Smart Search: Find the right dish and cuisine from the menu with intelligent filters and sorting options.
- Order Food: Order food from the nearby restaurants listed on the app.
- Pick up & Drop: Select the pickup and drop location of order within the app.
- Order Tracking: Customers get real-time notifications to know exactly about their order status.
- Multiple Payment Options: Seamless and secure order payments with multiple choices to choose from.
- Schedule Order: Place an order in advance and get it delivered to the doorstep at the right time.
- Ratings and Reviews: Give feedback on the food ordering and delivery experience.
- Promos & Offers: Explore new deals and use promo codes for discounts at checkout.
- Re-Order: Quickly order something from the order history with a few taps.
2. RESTAURANT/ OWNER SIDE:
- Menu Management: Owners can add/update their menu listings, prices, items, minimum order amount, etc. and make them available for ordering.
- Order Management: View all orders in one place from ongoing, dispatched, pickups to scheduled ones.
- Order Alerts: Restaurants get real-time notifications for new orders and accept them on the go.
- Notifications: Get notified to the assigned delivery guy and customer when the order is accepted and ready for delivery.
- Track Payments: Add account details, view successful and pending payment settlements in one place.
- Reply to Reviews: Restaurants get a direct line of communication with their customers to build trust.
- Manage Promos: Create and add new deals and offers to reward customers and gain new ones.
- Customer Details: Restaurant partners get useful information about their online customer base.
3. DELIVERY OR LOGISTICS:
- Register: Direct registration or easy onboarding from the mobile app.
- Booking: Approve/ disapprove new booking requests.
- Distance: Distance from the current location to the delivery point.
- Status: Updating status of order placed like accepted or rejected the booking, picked up order, delivered the order.
- Booking History: Track the booking history.
Interested In Launching Your On-Demand Food Delivery App?
The 10 most trending mobile app ideas of 2018
Remember the saying, “the value of an idea is in the using of it”. because every idea is driven from the pain points of a user, and a user is the ...
POSTED ON: 09 Dec 2017Read more
Top 10 mobile app development trends in 2018
This is the world of hyperadoption—and hyperabandonment—the key to successful and sustained business growth depends on your brand being more agile...
POSTED ON: 04 Dec 2017Read more
How to calculate the cost to develop an app like uber?
The growing demand of uber-like clone applications is accelerating at the speed just like your car at highway. just a bit of modification in the exist...
POSTED ON: 22 Nov 2017Read more
Mvp apps lets startups to spend little and get more
We’ve long passed paying the hefty bills an app development company may cost for an app that you’re not sure will solve a definite problem of your...
POSTED ON: 07 Nov 2017Read more
New features in android studio 3.0 and android 8.1
Here’s the big day for android programmers. google announces the availability of the latest version of its flagship ide for mobile, android studio 3...
POSTED ON: 26 Oct 2017Read more
On demand food delivery app development
The business of delivering restaurant meals to the home is undergoing a rapid change as new online platforms race to capture markets and customers acr...
POSTED ON: 10 Oct 2017Read more